2023 Hobie 16's available for Spring delivery. Call today to Order yours
The Hobie 16 revolutionized multihull sailing. The Hobie 16 was unleashed on the Southern California beach scene in 1970 and sailing was instantly transformed.
The beach-launched Hobie 16 brought the sport to legions of speed-loving sailors. The catamaran’s lightweight, asymmetrical fiberglass hulls provide lift and its dual-trapeze rig lets you and your crew member harness its sheer power. Now, 45 years and over 100,000 boats later, the Hobie 16 occupies a coveted spot in the Sailboat Hall of Fame and consistently delivers big-grin sailing and world-class racing. Fly a hull and you’ll understand the global obsession!
All Hobie sailboats have a $400 destination fee for shipping to HCM and rigging due upon pickup.
Trailers also available.
- SPECIFICATIONS *
- Crew: 1-4
- Length: 16' 7" / 5.04 m
- Beam: 7' 11" / 2.41 m
- Capacity: 800 lbs/362 kg (US) / 529 lbs/240 kg (EU)
- Weight: 320 lbs / 145 kg
- Draft w/ Rudder Up: 10" / .25 m
- Mast Length: 26' 6" / 8.07 m
- Total Sail Area: 218 ft² / 20 m²
- Hull Construction: Fiberglass/Foam Sandwich
- Height From Floor to Bow: 23.5" / 59.69 cm
- Height From Floor to Stern: 24" / 60.96 cm