Sailing has never seemed so simple. When the wind blows, the Tandem Island flies across the water, powered by an expansive, easily tended mainsail.
Hop aboard with a friend. With dual MirageDrive 180s providing forward and reverse pedal power, maneuvering is a snap even when the zephyrs subside. Our patented Kick-Up Fins automatically “kick-up” on contact with an underwater obstacle and automatically adjust back into place once clear. The central hull is pure high-end Hobie with all the expected features: multiple Twist and Seal hatches, a large bow hatch for below-decks storage, lever-operated rudder and centerboard deployment and dual rudder control. This is Hobie’s ultimate fish hunter, capable of marlin teasing trolling speeds.
- CREW: 1-2
- DRIVE: (2) MD 180 TURBO W/ KICK-UP FINS + ARC CRANKS
- LENGTH: 18' 6" / 5.64 M
- BEAM (AMAS FOLDED IN): 4' / 1.22 M
- BEAM (AMAS OUT): 10' / 3.05 M
- CAPACITY: 600 LBS / 272 KG
- FITTED HULL WEIGHT: 130 LBS / 59 KG
- FULLY RIGGED WEIGHT: 240 LBS / 109 KG
- MAST LENGTH: 18' / 5.49 M
- SAIL AREA: 90 FT² / 8.4 M²
- HULL CONSTRUCTION: ROTOMOLDED POLYETHYLENE
- FLOOR TO AKA BARS: 16.75" / 42.54 CM
- FLOOR TO BOW: 15" / 38.1 CM
- FLOOR TO RUDDER: 29.5" / 74.93 CM