RS CAT 16
The RS Cat 16 combines the durability of rotomolded construction with the technical developments seen in more high performance catamarans. With a range of available rigging options to suit everything from beginner sailors to seasoned veterans, the RS Cat 16 is about as versatile as it gets. The boat can be completely broken down for easy transporting or storage in just minutes, and the hull shapes have been carefully designed to add strength and performance without adding weight.
- Easy to sail single-handed with space for the entire family
- Exceptional stability and comfort without sacrificing performance
- Concave decks create secure sitting area
- Hiking straps above and below tramp to assist in capsize recovery
- Capsize righting line in under-tramp stowage bag
- Recesses in aft decks reduce volume making it easier to right
- Lift and lock rudder system
- Molded handholds for easy carrying on shore
- Fast and easy assembly makes for convenient storage or transport
- Extremely durable RS Comptec PE3 - 3 layer polyethlyne construction
- Middle foam layer creates built-in buoyancy
- Hull & Beam securing system with no through-hull holes for easy assembly - no sealant required
- Stainless backed shroud and beam bolts
- RS construction process adds material only in high load areas, reducing weight for better sailing performance
All RS sailboats have a $600 destination charge for shipping to HCM and rigging due upon pickup.
- Length 15' 6"
- Beam 7' 9"
- Hull Weight 207 lbs
- Sailing Weight 308 lbs
- Mainsail- Dacron 107.5 ft²
- Jib - Dacron 25.3 ft²
- Optional Gennaker 138 ft²